The State Mining Corporation (STAMICO) is a state owned enterprise which was established in 1972 with the objective of developing mining industry.
Following changes in the economic policies of the earlier 1990’s in favour of private sector led mining industry development STAMICO and its subsidiaries were privatized and others were liquidated. The Government reversed the decision to close down STAMICO through Government Notice No. 88 of 2009, after lessons learned in the performance of the private sector led mining industry development and the need as per Mining Act, 2010 that Government to have free carried or purchased interest in large scale mines.
In that regard, STAMICO’s new responsibilities is to oversee Government interests in large scale mines, invest in the mining sector through mineral prospecting, development and operate mines, mineral trading, value addition, providing services in management of mines, drilling, consultant services to small scale mining and other related business.
In order for STAMICO to implement its new responsibilities and roles it desires to recruit suitable candidates to fill its vacant senior positions as per its approved organization structure.
POSITION: DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES
MANAGEMENT AND ADMINISTRATION
The Director of Human Resources Management and Administration reports to the Managing Director of STAMICO and has overall responsibilities of advising on management of human resources and administration.
Principal duties and responsibilities
· Advises and oversees recruitment, deployment and development, retirement and retrenchment of employees;
· Coordinates and administers training program including evaluation of trainees and identification of fellowships and scholarships;
· Prepares and advises on human resource and conducts human resource audit from time to time;
· Coordinates staff performance appraisal;
· Deals with disciplinary issues;
· Facilitates insurance covers to the Corporation property;
· Develops individual objectives/targets and performance standards as part of the individual performance agreement in consultation with the immediate superior and
· Performs any other duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Professional Qualifications and Experience
Holders of Masters degree in Public Administration or in Business Administration or equivalent from a recognized institution plus at least 10 years of relevant working experience in which 5 should be in a senior position.
Competence among others are:-
· Computer literacy is essential;
· Ability to communicate with excellent writing skills;
· Fluency in written and spoken English and Swahili; and
· Ability to supervise and direct multifunctional professionals.
Applicants for this position must not be less than 30 years of age
Please note that those who applied on the basis of the previous advertisement may re-apply.
According to STAMICO Schemes of Service in the salary scale of STAMICO – Salary Scale SMC 10.
How to Apply
General Conditions for all Candidates
(1) Candidates should submit applications accompanied by the following:
(i) Detailed Curriculum Vitae with three referees who can be contacted;
(ii) Copies of relevant certificates to support qualifications;
(iii) Two recent passport size photographs; and
(iv) Reliable working telephone and e-mail address.
(2) All posts have a three to five years contract renewable on mutual agreement.
(3) All applications should be addressed to the following physical address:
STAMICO Board of Directors, STATE MINING CORPORATION
Plot No. 417/418 – United Nations Road, Upanga P.O. Box 4958,
DAR ES SALAAM
(4) Applicant’s envelope should indicate position applied.
(5) Closing date for receiving applications will be on Friday 27th December, 2013 at 3:30 p.m.
(6) Shortlisted applicants will be invited for interview through their addresses.